With the great changes in the iOS latest version 11, there arises a great need to find out the ways to cater the scope of testing for the same. Some cheat codes to test the latest changes are listed here:
1. Enhanced Maps: The Maps now also show speed limits, and indoor maps within shopping malls and large airports. The applications which include Maps integration needs to be tested accordingly considering the new changes. Testers need to make sure that there are no UI and navigation issues.
2. Drag and Drop feature: The testers need to make sure that the Drag and Drop feature for images, photos, videos and various other documents between the apps is working as desired. The drag and drop feature will usually come into play when the application is in background, and this new feature needs to be handled smoothly.
3. Intelligently upgraded Siri: As a major change has been done in the existing SiriKit API, it can now also work with task management, online payments type of applications. Therefore, Integration testing needs to be done properly before the application is published on App store.
4. Streamlined updated Notifications: As design of the notifications has been changed, so the testers have to make sure that the notifications for the application are displayed properly. The UI of the app icon and the content of the notifications should be checked carefully.
5. Files Application: The application integrated with the Files will require the testers to make sure that the integration is working as expected. Testers need to brainstorm the possible scenarios that can come into play, like moving the file, editing the file, etc.
6. Augmented Reality Changed: As the AR Kit has been introduced by Apple, the testers need to make sure it is working smoothly with multiple devices and with the camera (turned ON/OFF). The testers also need to ensure the functioning on every Apple iPhone and iPad. On the other hand Testers need to ensure the smoothness of user experience and working of complete functionality.
In an overall manner, the complete functionality should be tested in a special mode for disabled people.
7. Customizable Control Panel: As the Control Panel has been changed, make sure that the applications work smoothly and pass any interruptions while using the control panel. Navigate from the app to the Control Panel and make some changes in order to navigate back and check the performance of the application.
8. Multitasking Dock for iPads: Multitasking Dock feature allows the user to work on multiple applications on the dock, and switch between the same in a few seconds without any further navigation delay. The iOS 11 allows the users to use up to 13 applications simultaneously. This feature also allows the users to open 2 applications and operate both of them at a time. One application will be shown as a pop-up. The testers need to make sure that the UI elements are not located at the bottom of the page, as they will be invisible when the dock is enabled. The testers also need to ensure that the performance of the applications is as desired when working on dock, while the other applications are also opened.