While creating a product we analyze a lot of things to create a product with Maximum efficiency. We spend 70 percent of our money on the Quality Services of the product.
After the creation of any product, the main concern is its Marketing, Productivity, Maintenance, and the most important thing is its security.
What if you have analyzed every possible thing to make your product most efficient but there is no plan for its security?
So, the need of the hour is how we can make sure that our Application is secure from the vulnerable attacks, how we can be more confident about the security of our product?
When you have done with all quality assurance steps you have to go for the Security Testing of the application. Security testing can ensure you that your product is free from the attacks from hackers and Spammers and the risk of loss of information is minimum.
The very basic concern of security is your application should not allow Unauthorized and Unauthenticated users to enter in your application.
Ethical hackers can make your private data public can also create Denial of services to an Authorized and Authenticated User.
Attackers can also cause the destruction and corruption to your data which may affect the popularity and productivity of your product.
Sometimes the attack is so much critical that you do not expect that your product is under attack or someone is hacking your data.
Except for these problems the attacks can also affect the Upstream and downstream of a website which may cause the excessive traffic to your website or web application, thus deny the users to use your application and sometime there may be a loss of data packets, which will affect the business of the popularity of your product.
Security Testing comes with a great sense of responsibility and priority.
There are many security techniques which can be used to enhance the security of your product, some of these are as below:
1) Vulnerability Scanning: In Vulnerability Scanning, we scan the software product to check whether there is any kind of threat from a malicious software system. The system to be scan is independent of the connectivity or not.
2) Security Scanning: This scanning is done to verify the security of a network and it can be done manually as well as automated.
3) Penetration testing: This testing is done with known paths of code and with the help of port addresses and IP addresses to test about what extent an attacker can penetrate a system with known information of a system.
4) Risk Assessment: Risk assessment is done to analyze the risk of security of a system. The risks are analyzed on the basis of their priority.
5) Security Auditing: Security auditing is done by inspecting the internal code of a software product. It can be modular or line by line inspection of the code.
6) Ethical hacking: Ethical Hacking can be done with the help of professional hackers to test the security of a software product.
7) Posture Assessment: This is a tailored security testing technique which is a combination of two or more security testing techniques.
From the above discussion on Security of a product, we come on a conclusion that Security Testing is must to ensure the Quality and to enhance the efficiency of a business.
To make your data secure and unique, to counter the attacks and loss of data and confidentiality security testing is a must.
What Are The Risks If You Don’t Test Your App For Security?
A data breach is not a kind of offense that will be tolerated by anyone in this technology-driven world. Once your company gets accused of that and all your reputation will flush down in the rabbit hole. Security testing will assure that none of the nightmares actually occurs. When you test your application for possible braches, you also rectify the issues instantly. This avoids your company from embarrassing moments of data breach and lawsuits.
Poor Brand Image
Imagine a data breach was reported in your app and a malicious hacker takes away all the precious data of your customers. Wouldn’t your customers be obligated? Indeed they will. It will represent a poor brand image all across the globe. It is not the time when a data breach is taken lightly. With the potential lawsuit against your company, you will face harsh reaction from your customers. Security testing will help you to avoid such embarrassment. They will ensure that your mobile app is secure enough to stop any hacking attempts.
The usability of a software product should be like no attacker can automate the script and flood the data on the software product and for that, there should be validation check with every input field.