In the recent time, a majority of enterprises have transformed the way they operated, switching from traditional methods, and relying on technology evolution.
In fact, entrepreneurs have started using trending technologies in their business, including- machine learning, intellectual analytics, virtual reality, augmented reality, and a lot more. Alongside, the necessity of software testing has evoked in every industry in order to uplift the quality of the services and products they are offering.
Why is Software Testing Important for Smart Infrastructure?
People are welcoming the advanced testing tools to build efficiency in the business processes. The major question for newbies would be that why infrastructure industry needs software testing.
The fact is that the real estate industry needs software testing at almost all the steps and processes. Still not clear?
No worries! Let’s understand it with a simple illustration.
Suppose you are into the cold chain management industry, you must be knowing how important it is for you to monitor the temperature fluctuations round the clock. Right? If you are not aware when the temperature fluctuates, you might face major revenue losses.
In this stage, you might rely on some automated and IoT-enabled temperature monitoring apps, which can keep you updated about the temperature excursions and avoid the losses.
What if these apps have some bugs and bottlenecks? You simply can’t rely on these apps unless they are completely tested and verified. And this is the point where software testing shows its true power.
Impactful Role of Testing For Smart Infrastructure
To carry out software testing, businesses require tools and a seamless infrastructure. And if your infrastructure is lacking quality, the outputs will not be able to meet the end-user expectations.
So, it becomes a necessity to introduce quality assurance in your regular operations and meet customer expectations.
There are certain roles and duties performed by a QA for real estate industry:
• Develop and verify all standards to perform tests on all procedures and administrate all testing strategies and maintain a high quality of products.
• Review the quality of all materials at the location and guarantee compliance with all project specifications and quality to collaborate with the department for all material procurance and maintain a high quality of materials.
• Assist the staff to confirm the information of all quality standards and ensure compliance to any or all quality manual and procedures and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to keep up the standard of all systems.
• Analyze all merchandise and non-conformance processes and appraise all documents to maintain optimum quality and prepare monthly reports to judge performance.
• Monitor and keep a record of all project activities and analyze all processes to confirm work consistency with quality needs.
• Manage all work strategies and maintain information on all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and suggest corrective actions for all processes.
• Develop a technique statement for the activity as well as risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and review check set up and listing of supported specifications of the project.
Explore our Retail Software Testing Services, Energy & Utilities Testing Services
Implementing IoT Testing To Attain Accuracy
IoT devices have gained the spotlight in no time, and major industries are welcoming the use of IoT at a rapid rate.
The average rate of connected devices is projected to amount to 75.44 billion worldwide by 2025, as per a recent Statista report.
On a regular basis, all the IoT-powered devices and apps get through certain test scenarios to ensure the performance and scalability of IoT architecture. During this, there are generally 6 types of IoT test scenarios identified. Let’s discuss it in-depth and get a clear idea.
Major IOT Testing Types
With the growing demand to access, share, manage, and use data over various interconnected IoT devices. So, to deliver fast and better services, IoT testing is carried out that checks the IoT devices. Here are the major types of testing in IoT:
1. Usability Testing: Every moment, there are diverse devices used by diverse people. At this stage, checking the system usability becomes necessary in IoT testing.
2. Compatibility Testing: There are a number of devices that are connected through the IoT system, and all these devices have different hardware and software configurations.
3. Scalability Testing: Scalability and reliability are two major important factors to build IoT test environment that includes simulation of sensors by implementing virtualization tools.
4. Data Integrity Testing: As IoT devices carry a huge amount of data, it becomes necessary to analyze and verify data integrity.
5. Security Testing: There are a wide number of people who access the data, including hackers who might be planning to carry out data thefts. So, it is necessary to carry out security testing that has privacy controls and user authentication factors.
6. Performance Testing: Carrying out performance testing includes load testing, streaming analytics, consistent performance, and other parameters.
Before you step out in the market and face unhappy customers, you must carry out a thorough software testing process and receive flawless outputs. It will not only uplift the user’s experience but even helps you in driving better revenue and ROI.