When it comes to advanced development practices, if it is anything that has made the industry change more than any tools or techniques, it was only the introduction of Agile practices. The agile approach made it easier for programmers, developers, testers, and the project management teams to streamline things for faster releases while diminishing the scope for any loss. However, there is still a big curiosity that is looming around the tech industry and always tries to find reasons for adopting Agile practices.
Since the basic idea or principles behind any approach is the primary reason that defines the agenda with success, it is necessary that all the agile testing principles must be understood for what makes them deliver high-quality software. In the blog, we will try to highlight the agile testing principles while making way through the entire process of agile testing implementation.
In order to understand this, let us quickly begin with the eight main principles of Agile Testing that are specially curated to deliver better quality software.
- Continuous Testing: The Agile Testing Service Provider in India performs tests on a constant basis to ensure that the product is growing and they are carried out with a combination of development.
- Continuous Feedback: After performing testing, testers give feedback consistently about quality to team members.
- The Whole Team Involved: The software is tested by the entire team, from developers, testers to business analysts.
- Faster Feedback: The participation of the business team is necessary for each iteration. Also, taking feedback about development work is vital to reduce the overall testing time.
- Assurance of High-Level Software Quality: The teams of Agile Testing Company ensure that issues and vulnerabilities will discover and fix with ease while testing the software, and everyone in the team will apply the tight and clean code to obtain a high level of quality for the software.
- Less Documentation: Thereafter, it is vital for teams to consider a reusable checklist and focuses on the latest customer needs during Agile development because it saves a lot of time and helps the team offer the service based on customer demands.
- Test-driven: In comparison to traditional testing methods, Agile Testing allows testers to evaluate the product at the time of implementation.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customers are the main focus for Agile Teams because they decide whether the product is quality-made or not. However, this step is very challenging because the demand of customers today is to get a release of new features within a week, not years or months. Accordingly, you must not only concentrate on quality, but also you must explore the A-Z methods of Agile Testing or methods because it allows you to fulfil both the technical and functional needs of your clients and work on speed and flexibility so that your customers can get a delivery of quality software.
Still, wondering how Agile testing could help your business? Have a dedicated reading to understand this.
The further blog will help you know about Agile Testing in detail so you can look forward if you are planning to acquire Agile & DevOps Testing Services from the Top Testing Company and want to launch well-integrated and quality-based business applications to the market.
What is Agile Testing?
Agile Testing works on the basis of Agile Manifesto concepts and ideas. It aims to accelerate the testing process, plus make it possible for testers and developers to collaborate while working on the same quality goal of the software development.
Moreover, it includes various types of Software Testing in the Agile Development Process and makes sure to bridge the gap between the development and the testing stage of the SDLC. For this, one must have a holistic approach for testing in increments and perform iterative-based testing with the help of sprints.
The key attributes of Agile Testing are as follow:
In Agile Testing, testers communicate with product owners to understand their project requirements clearly, and further, they convey the same guidelines to developers to satisfy their customer requests.
Testing is connected to the development process and requires close collaboration from the developers' end. Similarly, testers come under the development team and focus on reporting quality issues and give suggestions on how to enhance the solution.
It allows the entire team to participate in quality assurance and support developers in creating unit test cases for the improvement of audit quality and the testing process. Moreover, during testing, testers can recommend changes in the code or ask developers to work on new requirements.
Overall, you can understand that both developers and testers are dependent on each other. Besides, testing is a common activity throughout the development process, so in order to get a better delivery of quality software, one should Hire Agile Testers and Developers within the organization to perform tasks concurrently.
Four Important Quadrants of Agile Testing
By the same token, different types of software testing are needed to perform during Agile Testing because every product has unique business requirements. Consequently, you must consider the several stages of the development process and execute tests based on quadrants, which is a taxonomy for testing and helps you know the answers to questions like “how to run tests?”, “when to run a test?”, “which tests need to run?” Basically, there are four main quadrants of Agile Testing that are as follow:
- Quadrant 1: In the Quadrant, one can take the support of developers to perform automated tests like unit testing and component testing to assure that the login will work as expected and the individual objects of the product will be tested.
- Quadrant 2: In quadrant 2, one should concentrate on business-related aspects of the product. Also, you must consider manual and automated functional testing to cover different scenarios, prototypes, and pairs in order to obtain faster results.
- Quadrant 3: In this quadrant, you need to take feedback on tests that you’ve done in quadrants 1 and 2. Mainly, you should focus on real-time scenarios and include the business owners as well as customers to evaluate how well the product is working. Based on the user experience, you can get an estimation of the business results and move to the next step. Furthermore, from exploratory, usability, user acceptance to alpha & beta testing, every single test can be covered in the third quadrant.
- Quadrant 4: In quadrant 4, you must have a collection of automated tools to focus on software ileitis or perform testing based on non-functional requirements. For example, the tests you need to include in quadrant 4 are security, stability, compatibility, stress, infrastructure, and performance testing. With these testing types, you can carefully satisfy the needs of the overall development process and ensure the quality of highly-developed software.
What are the Common Challenges of Agile Testing & How Should You Address Them?
Modification, documentation, and collaboration are three core elements of Agile Development. Therefore, you need to understand performing Agile Testing is not a by-handed game, especially if you don’t know the ABC of Agile Testing Services. Moreover, you can experience the following challenges when not choosing the reliable Agile Testing Service Provider for the software delivery.
For example, today, customization plays a crucial role in every product means your customers' requirements can change according to the latest trends. Accordingly, one of the first challenges of Agile Testing is unexpected changes that you need to offer in the later development stages.
Secondly, maintaining consistency according to the testing requirements is another big challenge, especially if you don’t have a proper strategy to work and don’t know how to implement automated testing as per the flow.
Moreover, one must conduct daily standups meetings to break the ice between testers and developers and to assure that product requirements will be thoroughly met without any communication gap.
Last but not least, another challenge is to mimic the role of a developer, which is again a painful task if you are working on a smaller level and have the least knowledge of the Agile Development process & developer's roles and responsibilities.
However, as you know, every problem has a solution, likewise addressing Agile-based testing challenges are possible if you try to find the Best DevOps & Agile Testing Solutions, which means always Hire a Reputed Agile Testing Company if it is the matter of making the software highly-successful in terms of functionality, reliability, security, and compatibility.
After that, you must perform exploratory testing in Agile Testing because it is the specialized type of software testing that is performed by an individual tester to find defects that are difficult to cover if an inefficient team of people performs it.
Apart from this, if you want to attain software quality, you must introduce training and workshops in your organization because it will help your teams stay updated on the latest trends and provide them a detailed understanding of different project roles and responsibilities.
Lastly, don’t forget that Agile Testing aims to eliminate the gap between the developers and the testers. Correspondingly, while testing, you must have both parties because they can offer you timely and quality software deliveries and stay ahead of the competition. Otherwise, it would be difficult for you to be in the Agile game and defeat your competitor.
Other than this, it would be great to rely on Bots and AI because both are the future of Software Testing and Quality Assurance and make it possible for you to maximize the test scope and achieve continuous testing goals, plus promise to deliver better quality for better business results.
At BugRaptors, we have a customer-centric approach for Agile Testing and expertise in leveraging Bots and AI, including different Agile Testing Principles that are the main factors to bring quality in your software.
Thus, if you are looking for a combo of Manual and Automated Testers to improve your product/application, you can contact us today because we have over 5 years of experience in Agile Testing and have in-office test labs and remote arrangements to fulfill all your product and quality needs.
Fill in the details & Start your Agile Testing with us.