The most effective method to construct a fruitful technique for ERP Testing
While any organization implements ERP in their system, testing is one of most important part to cater. It is basically done before the company launches an application in the market and testing continues after the software becomes live also. Thus, testing is always considered to be a regular process in ERP system.
ERP software quality assessment framework should be developed on the bases of testing. The testing can gather the data for assessing the product quality. The quality assessment framework for ERP programming can be built up from the accompanying issues that have been tried, for example, accessibility, usefulness, execution, dependability and administrations. The strict approach for testing an ERP application framework is incorporated trying where there is a Quality Assurance (QA) team for characterizing the guidelines and techniques for the different STLC(Software Testing Life Cycle) and maintainingÂ the Test Plan, User’s Acceptance Test (UAT) techniques, test scripts and test procedure specifications.Â
Below are the following techniques basically used for ERP Testing:
- ERP Functional Module Testing: Before testing the ERP in general, testing individual modules is the initial phase of an extensive ERP test. It is one of the vital procedure or technique to test the core functionality of every module. Once the modules have been cleared, it’s an ideal opportunity to begin start “combine” and test the ERP. This testing stage is regularly alluded to as â€śCore testing”.
- Integration Testing: Once the center ERP software has been completely tested and verified, it’s a great opportunity to proceed onward to incorporate user testing. The objective isn’t to test the ERP framework’s highlights alone, however, to perceive how well the ERP framework incorporates into the association’s business forms and whether the framework conveys the normal outcomes.
- Cloud Testing: When we compare current functional software testing techniques, Cloud-Based Testing has several advantages over conventional testing methods. As we all know that ERP is spread over wide geographical location all over the globe, it is merely impossible to test the software from different locations. Security and Load Testing of the application involves huge expenditure on Software, its maintenance and Hardware. Therefore depending upon the requirements of the client cloud testing is very much important part of ERP applications.
- Performance Testing: ERP has been integrated and tested, it’s a great opportunity to perceive how well it performs under load. Since the ERP now runs the other coordinated frameworks, it’s essential to test the ERP utilizing high volume information stream and testing exchanges. Once the ERP goes live, it’s essential to know whether the new framework can deal with the huge measures of activity it will send and receive.
- Automation Testing: It is merely impossible to test the system manually as transactions are directly linked to centralized database and like clouds; there are more chances of security risk. Automation testing overcomes all the challenges faced by manual testing. Automation ERP testing are equipped for executing tests, revealing results and contrasting outcomes and prior trials. Tests performed with these can run more than once, as per the requirement.
Considering the basic business procedure automation testing considerably reduces the testing time and allows regular monitoring of ERP system.
In a nutshell, checkout how BugRaptors QA experts (Automation, Performance and ManualÂ Testing Teams) implements the ERP System with focus on quality and long term utilization of test suites. Our major activities include quality, prioritization of tests according to business and user perspective; build robust automation strategy and much more.