Software companies are booming like never before in the world of digitization, and there is stiff competition amongst them to prove their worth and at...Read More
Performance is a major factor of better user experience, so you required a tool which measures the system performance in all aspects like in case of system speed or response to access the web applications.
After 3 to 4 seconds 40 to 50 percent of users or visitors will leave the site if that site fails to respond to the user or visitor request. That also leaves a negative impression on the user or visitor regarding that.
To overcome these types of situations or to provide better user experience, performance testing is the best option. In today’s era, it is mandatory to measure the performance of the applications before launching that application because it directly affects the organization’s repo and its market value.
In today’s era organizations should treat performance as a feature of the web application and it’s mandatory to measure its performance before launching that application.
The goal of the performance is to understand how your application will behave in normal and high or peak load conditions.
There are various open-source performance testing tools available in the market which measures the performance of the web and mobile applications. Paid tools are also available in the market for measuring application performance.
We have the following reasons to choose open source performance testing tools:
1. Apache JMeter: Jmeter is one of the leading load testing tools for web and application servers with the ability to measure performance. Jmeter is a java based desktop application which designed to evaluate the performance of the web application under the normal and peak load conditions.
By using Jmeter we can evaluate the performance of both the resources i.e. Static and Dynamic and these are followings:
2. The Grinder: The Grinder is a java based framework i.e. is available under a BSD style open source license. The Grinder is an open source testing framework that allows the running of tests on multiple machines simultaneously.
The Grinder uses Jython to make the test scripts for the testing purpose of applications.
Features of the Grinder are as following:
3. OpenSTA: OpenSTA aka Open Systems Testing Architecture stores a testing architecture that is based on CORBA to empower you for running tests across different networks. Current OpenSTA toolset has the ability to perform scripted HTTP and HTTPS heavy load tests.
Tests are performed using simple scripts, recordings and it also takes into account various results and statistics.
4. LoadUI: LoadUI is an open source tool to perform a load test. This open source test tool is responsible to execute load tests as well as performance tests.
LoadUI is a very useful and powerful testing tool that allow the user to create and update the test cases at the time of a run. LoadUI testing is called drag and drop testing which is very useful for doing testing of complex load tests.
5. Locust: Locust is a popular performance testing tool i.e. used by the different companies. Locust performance framework is written in python. Performance scripts are also written in pure python for the Locust. Locust mainly built for the HTTP web based testing. Locust also figures out how many parallel users a system can handle. Locust has a good web-based UI and it is good for the testing of the API’s.
6. Selenium WebDriver: Selenium WebDriver is one of the most fascinating automation testing tools. Selenium Web Driver is used to automate the web application testing to verify that it is working as expected. Selenium WebDriver supports many browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Safari. Selenium WebDriver also supports different- different programming languages i.e. C#, Java, Perl, PHP, and ruby. Selenium WebDriver uses these programming languages to write test scripts. Also, Selenium WebDriver is platform independent that means the same code run on different OS i.e. MS Windows, Apple OS, and Linux.
The Selenium WebDriver is considered to be one of the most widespread testing tools with Selenium IDE, Selenium Remote Control, Selenium Client API and Selenium grid at its disposal.
The web load testing tool supports multiple protocols for testing and these are followings:
In modern web development, performance testing is of supreme importance. These days, all user wants its application (Web application) respond quickly to its request even thousands of user access that application simultaneously. For user expectation, the performance of the application must be quite well. That will be achieved only when we measure the performance of the application before launching it into the market by using performance testing tools.
We, at BugRaptors, equipped with a team of experts that execute web and mobile app performance testing. We implement the performance testing effectively to determine the application speed is quite well under the normal and peak load conditions and application work correctly as per the business requirements and end-user perspective.