Automation testing is the process of writing code which tests the application automatically without requiring any human intervention and produced resu...Read More
From every aspect everyone wants fast response. In the testing world Automation is the source to give quick response of testing. Test automation also have many benefits to your web applications, mobile application, APIs, security testing and etc. allowing you to build better apps with less effort. Most of the companies still test their applications manually because either they don’t know the advantages of automation testing or how to work with automation. But some companies have experts in automation who know well how to integrate the automation testing with development process.
What is Automation Testing?
Automation testing is the replacement of manual testing. It means we execute the test scenarios with an automation tool. These tools also enter test data into the Application, compare expected and actual results, generate detailed test reports and send the test report to users.
Why Automation Testing?
In an organization, the team who have developed the software either test the application themselves or an internal team test the application to find out the bugs, yet the final software always has numbers of defects.
To reduce these defects some companies have separate manual testing team who perform testing by sitting in front of a computer carefully going through application screens, trying various usage and input data combinations, comparing the results to the expected behavior, and record their observations. Manual tests are repeated often during development phase and in other situations like different platforms and hardware configurations before the product is released but some scenarios are creep and they often reappear, even with the best manual testing processes.
Automation is very helpful in these kinds of exhausting testing scenarios. A tester has to just focus on finding the maximum test scenario so that automation tester create scripts for those test scenarios and execute the scripts whenever required and the automation tool produce detailed test reports after execution.
1. Reusable Code: While designing framework, extract those actions and functionality which can be re-used throughput the application.
2. Repetitive Test: You can run the created scripts N numbers of times whenever required. Developers can change the code frequently according to the new requirement. So, as a tester you don’t have to worry to test the whole application manually every time. Execute the created scripts and handover the end report to developer generated by framework.
3. Quick Execution: Automation is time saving process as it executes the test scripts faster than human being.
4. Testing directly proportional to Quality: According to ‘To err is human’ phrase, the most dedicated tester could also do mistakes during manual testing. But in Automation, never forget to execute the script until and unless testers don’t change the execution process and it always remembers to record detailed results.
5. Increase overall Test Coverage: With test automation, maximum tests can be executed relating to an application. This prompts a higher coverage that in a manual testing approach would imply a large team limited heavily with their amount of time. Increased test coverage leads to testing more features and a higher quality of application.
6. Early defect detection: In the world of automation testing there are some techniques like TDD in which test scripts written before the code is actually implemented. Executing these tests gives fast confirmation of whether the written code behaves as expected or not. Defect identified at earlier phases are more cost-effective than identified in the later stages.
7. ROI: No doubt the initial investment for Automation process is high. But in longer run automation tests helps in saving money as we can run created scripts repeatedly instead of testing whole application manually. Thus saving time and efforts used by manual resources.
8. Reporting: Test automation has another clear advantage of Reporting tool plugins. In the market there are numbers of tools and plugin which generate Attractive, Understandable, Customizable, Standard report. Whereas for it is time consuming and error prone to create these reports manually.
We, at BugRaptors, can develop automated testing that brings cost lessening, time and effort saving, quicker response, consistency and quickly report generator, thereby directly adding to increment in efficiency and prompting boost of benefits.